SeeMore Putters out of Franklin, Tennessee has my attention with their soon to be release Giant FGP putter.
"The GIANT FGP started off as a project to create a putter that took everything we knew about putter technology, alignment, and the perfect putting stroke, and enhanced it in every way possible," stated Jim Grundberg, CEO. "What we ended up with is a design that is very familiar, yet shockingly different at the same time. We literally created a giant size FGP, which functions exactly like the original FGP, just better. It is easier to align, more forgiving, better balanced, and feels great. And the face is balanced to the plane of the stroke, meaning it naturally squares to the target line, just like all of our FGP family of putters. Simply stated, it is more fun to putt with!"
One of the most consistent parts of my golf game is putting and I owe that to using a SeeMore putter for many years now. Hopefully we'll be able to do another SeeMore putter review in the not to distant future.
So how did SeeMore finally improve on the classic flagship FGP design? We went bigger. Way bigger! Introducing the new Giant milled FGP. It is 28% larger than an FGP on each dimension. The volume in ccs is 2.5 times a standard milled FGP. The Giant FGP is easier to align the face square to the target line. And it is easier to align the putter square to the golfer's set up (the major benefit of RST technology), due to the oversize RST alignment markings on the top line of the putter head, and the oversize shaft diameter. And it is more forgiving, with a higher moment of inertia, and extreme heel/toe weighting, with milled stainless steel weights. "When putting with the Giant FGP you are able to feel and see the putter work on the correct path with ease," stated, SPi Director of Instruction and PGA Professional, Ted Gallina, "the larger head maintains the simple benefits of the FGP while enhancing the feeling of Face Balance to Impact - in other words get out of the way and let the putter work for you."
• Larger RST and top sight line for more accurate alignment
• Longer blade length=easier to square the putter to the intended target line
• Enhanced the feel of keeping the putter on the correct path, "Face Balance at Impact."
• Larger sweet spot for mis-hits
• Great feel with precise manufacturing of 100% Milled Aluminum and 2 milled stainless steel sole weights
• Retains all the game improvement benefits of the FGP
• Better feedback for setup and stroke
• The length is 5.75 inches, depth is 1.6 inches, and face height is 1.4 inches, so while it is exactly to scale vs. the original FGP blade, each of these measurements is 28% larger than the original, meaning that the overall putter volume in terms of square inches of the milling block is over 2.5 times that of the original FGP.
• The depth and height of the putter is relatively the same as the diameter of a golf ball, and the equator of the ball meets the equator of the milled face to impart a great roll with great feel.
• Head weight will be adjustable from 365 grams to over 400 grams when used in a counterbalanced version.
• Retail price is $250. The Giant FGP will initially be available March 2015. The GIANT FGP may be special ordered by any golfer from any golf pro shop, as with any SeeMore putter.