2011 Cobra-Puma Trusty Rusty Wedge Review
- The black PVD finish is amazing looking . It frames the ball beautifully. Can't wait til I use it more so I can get that true "Rusty" feel.
- I like the fact The True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 shaft has been painted black w/ a non-glare coating and precision laser engraving - A great look.
- Love the longer length in the Lamkin 3GEN® Grip. A must for gripping down on those finesse shots.A real solid grip that absorbs any vibrations, the orange accents are awesome as well.
- Versatility - The wedge performed great on full, three quarter and half shots
- At a price of $129.99 at Golf Town this wedge stands up to all of it's competitors in this price range including my Scratch wedges.
- With a vast array of lofts (men’s right handed lofts of 49°, 51°, 53°, 55°, 57°, 59° and 61° with a Left-handed lofts of 51°, 53°, 55°, 59° and 61° ) there's something for everyone.
- Because of the versatility of the wedge with the Tri-Bounce Sole more practice might be needed on those long, medium and short/flop shot
Here's the scoop on these wedges from Cobra Golf:
COBRA Trusty Rusty Wedges Technology
The COBRA Trusty Rusty Wedges are made with 100% raw, unplated 8620 carbon steel that will rust over time. The Tri-Bounce Sole with rear scallop provides enough bounce for forgiveness but keeps the leading edge height low so golfers can get underneath the ball. The Lamkin 3GEN® Grip has improved vibration damping, stays soft and tacky in all playing conditions and does not absorb moisture. A longer length with less taper allows for consistent feel when golfers need to choke down on close shots.
• Tri-Bounce Sole with Rear Scallop
• Higher bounce in the center with relief in the heel and toe optimizes performance for long, medium and short/flop shots Laser Precision Technology
• Patent-pending aggressive machined grooves with post-laser milling. Features four distinct surface roughnesses that result in maximum allowable spin Specialty Rusted Finishes
• Promotes maximum allowable spin and enhanced feel with non-plated finishes that rust over time.
The Trusty Rusty Wedges (MSRP $129) are available in men’s right handed lofts of 49°, 51°, 53°, 55°, 57°, 59° and 61° with a True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 shaft. Left-handed lofts of 51°, 53°, 55°, 59° and 61° are available as well.
The Trusty Rusty will be available at retail December 9th, 2011.